Someone said that “the new age of Ferrovie del Sud Est (Bari, Italy) begins with the purchase of electric trains “Impuls II”, produced at Nowy Sącz Newag plants. “Impuls II” is the evolution of the model already marketed by Newag in Poland, with some radical changes to the original plans, suggested by the experience gained through previous projects. Among main innovations the last generation fire protection system provided by ISE, which protects technical areas housing electrical equipment by means of gas discharge systems, and passengers compartments using an advanced water mist fire suppression system. The system is completely modular, and meets the most stringent requirements of the new Italian standard UNI 11565. The first five trains were delivered to FSE in September, and up to 10 additional trains may be purchased over the next five years. For Newag, which intends to expand its market, this is the first foreign contract of electric trains, and the choice of ISE as the provider of Fire Protection System was facilitated by the excellent experience made in providing diesel railcars for the Circumetnea railway.
- ISE have been chosen by SNCF for supplying the Fire Protection System of TGV-R trains running along the Turin-Lyon high speed line
- ISE takes part into the POR FESR 2014-2020 of Tuscany Region within the I-READ 4.0 R&D Project
- ISE will be among the exhibitors of the Innotrans International trade fair and exhibition in Berlin (18-21 september 2018)
- ISE wil supply the fire protection system for new Turkish EMU trains produced by Tüvasaş
- New 744 Locos being delivered to Mercitalia S&T (formerly known as SERFER) are protected by the SILFI-Guard System